Woke up twice this week to a wet carpet and pee smell by the front door… any affordable security camera recommendations?

I’ve noticed a bad smell and wet carpet by my front door twice this week. I have a letterbox flap in the door, and I think someone might be messing around with it. Does anyone know of a good security camera that doesn’t need to be wired in? Something rechargeable would be ideal as I can charge it during the day.

Try putting hot sauce around the letterbox opening.

Zendaya said:

Not what I had in mind, but I’m definitely going to try it!

Sophia said:

Zendaya said:

Muscle rub with capsaicin could work too.

Sophia said:

Zendaya said:

Be careful if you plan to report it. Maybe say you used it as insect repellent if asked.

Melanie said:

Sophia said:
Zendaya said:

Be careful if you plan to report it. Maybe say you used it as insect repellent if asked.

Report it? I’ll wait until they show up again and slam the door on them! Or maybe put a sign up that says, ‘Caution: Do not use the letterbox for bodily functions.’ Problem solved.

Sophia said:

Zendaya said:

Maybe a doorbell camera?

Zendaya said:

Hot sauce sounds good, but get a camera first to catch them in the act.

Arthur said:

Zendaya said:

I don’t usually root for stuff like this, but I’d love to see this on camera.

Josie said:

Arthur said:
Zendaya said:

I don’t usually root for stuff like this, but I’d love to see this on camera.

Same here!

Wyze cameras should work well. Maybe replace the letterbox flap with something spiky too.

ashleyn said:
Wyze cameras should work well. Maybe replace the letterbox flap with something spiky too.

I agree with Wyze. They’re affordable and offer local recording. I really like their Pancam v3.

ashleyn said:

I’ve had some issues with Wyze though. I couldn’t view the camera remotely due to some errors.

FortressForums said:

ashleyn said:

I’ve had some issues with Wyze though. I couldn’t view the camera remotely due to some errors.

That might be more of an issue with your device. Wyze has been solid for me.

SentinelSanctuary said:

FortressForums said:
ashleyn said:

That might be more of an issue with your device. Wyze has been solid for me.

Yeah, maybe it’s half the device’s fault. Still, others are having similar issues.

I use FEIT wireless outdoor cameras. The charge lasts for weeks, and they take microSD cards. You can monitor them via an app, and it shows battery levels.

Lexi said:
I use FEIT wireless outdoor cameras. The charge lasts for weeks, and they take microSD cards. You can monitor them via an app, and it shows battery levels.

The FEIT cameras can be hooked up to solar panels, so you don’t have to recharge them at all. I have their battery doorbell with a solar panel and it works perfectly.

Lexi said:

Their website isn’t clear on prices though, so not sure if they’re affordable.

Blink cameras are affordable and simple to set up.

DefendDomicile said:
Blink cameras are affordable and simple to set up.

I use lithium batteries in mine and they’ve lasted almost a year.