Which is your favorite home security camera?

I like my Blink Mini 2 camera too. I can’t screw in items since my late husband’s DeWalt drill battery is dead, but I just set it on the windowsill, plug it into an outlet, scan the QR code, and it’s ready to go. It’s great! The camera gives a color widescreen view, and I get alerts on my phone. There’s a 30-day trial subscription, and if you want to keep the service, it’s $3 a month. I bought two cameras, so my Blink subscription is $10 a month for unlimited devices if you want to save videos on the cloud. But even if you don’t, the cameras will still work just fine.

Mine is none other than Simplisafe

We got the whole shebang for our new house. Excellent service and stupid easy to install. No problems in the last year so we’re optimistic.

Ring is okay, and in my opinion, a bit better than Nest.

However, both can be easily defeated by anyone with a WiFi jammer or the right kind of IR light, but that’s a risk with any WiFi cameras. Ring does offer some hardwired options, but if you’re concerned about losing signal or someone jamming it, there are better options out there than Ring or Nest.

If your main goal is just to see what’s going on, then Ring should work fine. But if you’re looking for serious security, you might be disappointed. Also, keep in mind that Ring has some sketchy privacy terms, so that’s something to consider as well.

We use Roku cameras and they work well for us

Picking up defender sentinel wired cameras this weekend - they seem more on the premium end but no subscribing nonsense added costs and you do have the option to have WiFi if you’re away and their app costs nothing but you can also opt to have local storage if you don’t want the WiFi or don’t have the set up in your home wiring wise in your attic. Pricy in contrast to the cheaper options but the other options are very easy to circumvent apparently and my home insurance insurance gave me a discount

I use Arlo too, and it works pretty well, but I’m also interested in exploring some of these other brands I’ve been hearing about.

our house had a bunch of ring cameras when we bought it and I like them ok.

Nest. Based on the feedback here, am I in danger? :thinking:

I use Eufy, and if I could go back, I’d choose something else. The WiFi and battery are convenient, but the motion sensors aren’t great, and I really wish I could go back and check video from any time of the day. When I decide to upgrade, I’ll probably switch to a non-cloud-based system.

D-Link cameras are relatively affordable and don’t require cloud storage.

Tapo cameras, made by TP-Link, also don’t need cloud storage. They come with better smart detection features and are easy to use, especially if you want to integrate them with smart home systems like Google Home, which can announce when it detects someone in a specific zone.

Google Nest Once you download the app; every device is super easy to set up and lets you know which camera is seeing exactly what.

EmpireTech is a seller of Dahua cameras, which offer better sensors and more configurability. They’re often priced similarly to Reolink but with better quality. Amcrest is another seller of Dahua cameras.

Reolink was the first camera I bought, but I ran into issues. One major problem is that the sensor size is too small for the megapixels, making the night quality unusable and blurry. The sensors are nearly half the size of Dahua’s, so while daytime quality is fine, the night performance falls short.

I just use Blink. Easy. I do the $10 subscription. Night vision is awesome. I caught a mountain lion a month back!

after having about four different camera brands me personally I say reolink is the best for homeowner security

Both Nest and Ring require subscriptions and cloud access. If you want something that can be managed locally without subscriptions, consider Reolink or Eufy. Both offer the option to manage your cameras without a subscription, though they do have additional features tied to subscriptions. However, you don’t need a subscription for most of the basic functions you’d expect from a security camera.

Lots of my friends who recently bought homes use Blink for some reason