Which is your favorite home security camera?

On my end, I consider Nest and Ring as the best. Keep your suggestions coming

I have Wyze cameras, and they’ve been great for me—reliable and affordable. I don’t use the monitoring service, and I haven’t opted for extended recording storage.

Wyze has faced numerous security issues as well.

I haven’t come across any real security issues with Wyze. The recent incident where some users saw other video feeds wasn’t due to a security flaw or vulnerability; it was an internal issue related to account migration or system updates, as I understand it.

As far as breaches go, I haven’t heard of any involving Wyze. There’s been no hacking or theft of credit card details, passwords, or personal information.

Here is the story CNET Isn't Recommending Wyze Home Security Right Now: Here's Why - CNET

I have to disagree. I had five Wyze cameras for several years, and they quickly became problematic—failures, missing video, paid features turning off on their own, and more.

They’ve been some of the most unreliable consumer electronics I’ve owned, and I deeply regret investing in so many. After getting rid of them, I’m much happier with other products.

There’s a reason most alternatives are three times the price of Wyze. A race to the bottom isn’t good for quality or longevity.

I have one at my front door. It’s really cheap to have viewing from the cloud with lots of storage.

It is a Great product!

Reolink offers the best bang for your buck. I have both Reolink and Ubiquiti systems, and while I prefer Ubiquiti overall, the cost difference is significant. Reolink strikes that perfect balance between decent quality and affordability.

I set up full-home security with their cameras and NVR for just $700, which was half the cost of anything else I considered. After a day of running cable and installing, it’s been working well enough for my needs, and I’ve even recommended it to some friends.

When you can get four 4K cameras and an 8-channel NVR for about $450, it’s hard to beat. There are better cameras out there, but they cost a lot more. For home or small business use, I always recommend this setup. For larger companies, I might suggest Hikvision.

This. Reolink makes high-quality devices. I’ve tried Ring, Nest, Amcrest, and Eufy—they all fall short compared to Reolink. With local storage, no subscription, and up to 4K viewing/recording, Reolink is a clear winner.

I was considering Reolink, but I’ve decided to go with Eufy cameras instead. I’m planning to use Cove for actual security and Eufy for the cameras.

I have Eufy, and honestly, I’m not a fan. To be fair, my system is 4 years old, so the technology might have improved since then. But the motion detection is terrible!

Oh dang, I wanted good motion detection. I am opting for Eufy because they tend to have a lot of product variety and pricing is generally good.

I’ve also heard that Reolink’s customer service is excellent, while Eufy’s isn’t as great, so that’s something to consider. Still, price is a big factor for me too, so I’m sticking with Eufy for now.

The only other thing I can tell you is that about 3 weeks ago, I swear someone had access to my indoor 360 camera and was speaking to me through it at 1 a.m. I’ve turned it off ever since!

Once I save up enough money, I’ll probably ditch Eufy, but I sincerely hope your experience turns out better than mine!

That’s wild! I would be furious if something like that happened. Did you reach out to the company to find out what was going on? I’d be really interested to hear how they responded.

I haven’t reached out yet, but I know I should. A few years ago, Eufy had a similar issue where users were able to access cameras that didn’t belong to them. It took the company quite some time to acknowledge the problem, and even then, their response was less than satisfactory, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I heard about that too. From what I understand, it happened a couple of years ago, and Anker supposedly fixed the issue to prevent it from happening again. Hopefully, that’s true because the last thing anyone wants is someone accessing their cameras. I haven’t come across any recent complaints, but just because it hasn’t been reported doesn’t mean it’s impossible—it might just not have been discovered yet.

Don’t do it, dude. Trust me on this—go with Reolink instead. And as for Cove, it’s pretty pricey. Check out Abode instead at www.goabode. com . It’s totally customizable, works with home automation (lights, locks, etc.), and offers affordable monitoring and hardware.