Which is your favorite home security camera?

The doorbell only works on 2.4GHz, but even after restricting it from the 5GHz network, it somehow still manages to connect to that network. When it does, it doesn’t work and needs a reset.

Bezos is no longer involved with Amazon and hasn’t been for years.

You’ve got it wrong! Bezos is still the Chairman of the Board, so he still has a hand in making some policies.

In my opinion, you can’t beat a good old Swann hardwired system with a large DVR, cloud storage option, and a solid battery backup.

Anything hardwired with local storage is the way to go.

Blink is a good option. It’s inexpensive and offers cloud backup through Amazon for about $5 a month. It sends notifications to my phone, has night vision, and I’ve even used it outside in the winter without issues.

I find it ok for the price point. I just find it annoying to replace the batteries 4x a year.

I installed mine about a year ago, and they’re still going strong, which surprised me. How are the batteries you’re using holding up in terms of quality?

I am using the same ones that were installed with the cameras from the factory. Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA’s.

Ah, must be a difference in our recording settings then.

Mine are plugged in, so battery life isn’t an issue, but I do have problems with how long it takes to load the feed. It’s like it needs to take a breather, kind of like Homer Simpson running. The price is great, but if you’re not paying for the service, the delays can really matter when you need to see what’s happening quickly. I also haven’t figured out how to adjust the settings so that every car driving by or a cloud temporarily blocking the sunlight doesn’t trigger a notification.

I love my Blink cameras . We have the doorbell and theee outside. Two we use as trail cams. I have so many amazing animal videos. lol.

I love mine too. I originally got them to watch the wildlife, but they’ve been great for keeping an eye on the house as well. I have 10 cameras, most of them on solar power, so I don’t have to worry about batteries.

I really like my Lorex setup too. There are no monthly fees, the quality is good, and I’ve had positive experiences the few times I’ve had to call their service line with questions.

Eufy is cheapest for the best camera. My 360 cam was like $40 and has now been with me for two years through wind rain and shine. 1.99 a month for unlimited cloud storage. Picks up everything. Great video quality.

I like Eufy too. I bought two, and they’re wireless with a battery life of over six months. They’re easy to remove for charging, and the sensitivity is adjustable. The video and images are crystal clear. You can view a live feed from the app or a desktop. The app/cloud saves all footage for 30 days, but we pay $2.99 per month per camera to save it indefinitely. We’ve had them for 4 years without any issues.

I had Blink and Ring but switched to Ubiquiti: UniFi Protect. It was a bit pricey, but I feel like it paid for itself. I love the video quality, and it also works as a router, which is a nice bonus. That being said, it might be a bit overkill for some, but since I have servers and use a personal VPN, it works well for me.

Reolink was the other brand I considered, and I’d recommend it if cost is a concern.

Amcrest cameras have been pretty solid for me.

This is the right answer, personally I love these; IP5M-B1186EB-28MM

Absolutely! EmpireTech is another great seller of the same cameras, and it’s definitely worth checking both for the best price. Both of them offer Dahua hardware, which is known for its quality.