Best outdoor security camera? Looking for suggestions

Juliana said:

Keira said:
Hey everyone, I’m searching for a solid outdoor security camera and thought I’d ask here for some advice. I’m considering the Arlo Pro 3 and the Nest Cam Outdoor, but I’d love to hear some firsthand recommendations.

Have any of you used these cameras or have suggestions for other brands? How’s the video quality, setup, app usability, and durability in bad weather? I’ve also heard of cameras with features like person detection and two-way audio, which sound cool. If you’ve tried those, let me know your thoughts!

Looking forward to any advice you have!

I’ve had the Nest Cam Outdoor for a year now, and it’s been pretty solid. The night vision is impressive, but the subscription fees for video storage can add up over time.

Do you access stored videos often? Is the subscription fee worth it for how much you use it?

Keira said:

Juliana said:
Keira said:
Hey everyone, I’m searching for a solid outdoor security camera and thought I’d ask here for some advice. I’m considering the Arlo Pro 3 and the Nest Cam Outdoor, but I’d love to hear some firsthand recommendations.

Have any of you used these cameras or have suggestions for other brands? How’s the video quality, setup, app usability, and durability in bad weather? I’ve also heard of cameras with features like person detection and two-way audio, which sound cool. If you’ve tried those, let me know your thoughts!

I’ve had the Nest Cam Outdoor for a year now, and it’s been pretty solid. The night vision is impressive, but the subscription fees for video storage can add up over time.

Do you access stored videos often? Is the subscription fee worth it for how much you use it?

I use the stored videos mostly when I’m traveling. The 30-day history works for me, but I could see it being annoying if you need longer storage.

Keira said:

I’ve been using two Kasa cameras (indoor and outdoor) for a couple of years and love them. No subscription required, and the motion notifications are fast even when I’m away. Only downside is they need a power source, but they’ve never let me down.

Keira said:

I love the reviews of the Arlo floodlight, but I don’t understand why it’s battery-powered. Climbing a ladder to charge it seems impractical. Why wouldn’t they make a wired version for permanent setup?

Gianna said:

Keira said:

I love the reviews of the Arlo floodlight, but I don’t understand why it’s battery-powered. Climbing a ladder to charge it seems impractical. Why wouldn’t they make a wired version for permanent setup?

I’ve got Arlo cameras too, and the frequent battery changes are a hassle. I found a long charging cable, but sometimes the camera still doesn’t detect motion even when it’s fully charged. Thinking of switching to wired cameras.

Keira said:

Do you want a wireless or wired camera? I recommend checking out Reolink. I’m using the RLC-823A, and it’s a fantastic wired outdoor camera with zoom and night vision.