Best outdoor security camera? Looking for suggestions

Hey everyone, I’m searching for a solid outdoor security camera and thought I’d ask here for some advice. I’m considering the Arlo Pro 3 and the Nest Cam Outdoor, but I’d love to hear some firsthand recommendations.

Have any of you used these cameras or have suggestions for other brands? How’s the video quality, setup, app usability, and durability in bad weather? I’ve also heard of cameras with features like person detection and two-way audio, which sound cool. If you’ve tried those, let me know your thoughts!

Looking forward to any advice you have!

I’ve been using the Arlo Pro for a while now, and it’s been great. The color night vision is awesome, and the battery life has been solid. Highly recommend this camera!

Keira said:
I’ve been using the Arlo Pro for a while now, and it’s been great. The color night vision is awesome, and the battery life has been solid. Highly recommend this camera!

That color night vision sounds great. How does it hold up in bad weather like rain or snow?

Keira said:

My Arlo missed a few events, and when I contacted support, they blamed my internet connection without giving me proof. Didn’t sit right with me, so I’m looking for other options.

Keira said:

Battery life only lasting 20 days doesn’t seem that great. Amazon reviews are full of complaints. Are you sure you’re not promoting Arlo?

Dallas122 said:

Keira said:

Battery life only lasting 20 days doesn’t seem that great. Amazon reviews are full of complaints. Are you sure you’re not promoting Arlo?

Check your motion sensitivity settings. If the camera is triggered constantly, especially if it’s pointed at a busy street, the battery will drain faster.

[This comment was removed by the user]

I’ve had the Arlo Pro 4 for a few months, and it’s been great. The night vision is fantastic, and the battery lasts way longer than I thought. The motion detection is really accurate, no false alerts. Super happy with it!

Are there any cameras out there that don’t require a subscription but still let you download videos or store footage for 30 days? My car was broken into, and the camera service I used shut down with no warning. I haven’t gotten new ones because I don’t know where to start.

Keira said:
Hey everyone, I’m searching for a solid outdoor security camera and thought I’d ask here for some advice. I’m considering the Arlo Pro 3 and the Nest Cam Outdoor, but I’d love to hear some firsthand recommendations.

Have any of you used these cameras or have suggestions for other brands? How’s the video quality, setup, app usability, and durability in bad weather? I’ve also heard of cameras with features like person detection and two-way audio, which sound cool. If you’ve tried those, let me know your thoughts!

Hi, I’m a bot that analyzed the Arlo Pro 3 Spotlight Camera! People like the video quality and ease of use but dislike the battery life and app design. If you need more details, let me know!

Keira said:

I’ve been using the Nest Cam Outdoor for about a year now, and it’s been solid. The video quality is great, especially at night. The only downside is the subscription fee for video storage, but overall it’s been reliable.

Keira said:

If you’re looking for something affordable, try the Wyze Cam Outdoor. It’s cheap but offers good video quality and free cloud storage, which is a big plus for me.

Keira said:

Keira said:

If you’re looking for something affordable, try the Wyze Cam Outdoor. It’s cheap but offers good video quality and free cloud storage, which is a big plus for me.

That sounds good. Have you tried linking it to any other smart devices at home?

Keira said:

Keira said:
Keira said:

That sounds good. Have you tried linking it to any other smart devices at home?

There’s a small lag when using third-party apps, but it works fine directly through the Wyze app.

Keira said:

Keira said:

I loved my Wyze PanCam for a few months, but then it stopped connecting to the network. I reset it multiple times, but it only worked for a short time before going offline again. After replacing it, the same thing happened with the new one. Wyze still hasn’t fixed it.

Keira said:

Have you considered the Ring Floodlight Camera? It has built-in floodlights, which are handy for visibility at night.

Rebecca said:

Keira said:

Have you considered the Ring Floodlight Camera? It has built-in floodlights, which are handy for visibility at night.

How bright are the floodlights? Have they been effective in keeping intruders away?

Rebecca said:

Keira said:

Does the Ring require a subscription for storing footage, or does it automatically delete after 30 days?

Rebecca said:

Keira said:

Are the floodlights motion-triggered? I’d hate for them to go off all the time because of animals or shadows.

Keira said:

Don’t forget to think about the ecosystem of devices you’re using. If you’ve got smart home gear, it might be easier to stick with one brand so everything works well together.