Wireless camera system

Suggestions for a Motion-Recording Wireless Security Camera System Without Subscriptions:

I’m in search of an alternative to my current Blink system, as it necessitates a subscription for recording, limiting me to live footage only. I require a system capable of motion recording and storing footage for up to 30 days without any subscription fees. With three cameras installed at my home, I prefer a budget-friendly option without subscription obligations.

Furthermore, I have a cottage equipped with internet access, where I aim to install one camera at the front door. Consolidating all cameras under a single system is ideal for me. Any recommendations fitting these criteria would be greatly appreciated.

Here are alternative security camera recommendations to replace your Blink system, considering your need for up to 30 days of storage and a unified system for your home and cottage:

1. Eufy Security eufyCam 2C: Offers subscription-free local storage, motion detection, superior night vision, and a 180-day battery life. The footage is accessible via a mobile app, with the home base station providing up to 16GB (about 3 months) of storage.
  2. Reolink Argus 3 Pro: Features motion and color night vision, supporting individual local storage up to 128GB per camera (microSD not included). Reolink’s app allows for remote management of cameras at various locations.
  3. Wyze Cam Outdoor: A budget option with motion detection and local storage up to 32GB per base station (microSD sold separately), supporting four cameras. The Wyze app facilitates easy management of multiple cameras.
1 Like

If the online reviews are anything to go by, Reolink should be your ‘guy’ then. It seems to offer easy installation and can be accessed from anywhere without a monthly sub fee

Wireless or wire-free cameras operate on rechargeable battery power or solar charging, transmitting video and audio via Wi-Fi. While most wireless home security cameras transmit directly to the cloud via the internet, some also feature a local Wi-Fi connection to a power hub.

CNET’s experts recommend the Arlo Pro 5S as the top wireless security camera available. It is packed with features, even surpassing the previous favorite, the Arlo Pro 3. After over 100 hours of testing security cameras and years of reviewing battery-powered security devices, they found the Arlo Pro 5S to be the ultimate all-in-one camera, especially when paired with a compatible Arlo hub.

For your cottage with internet access, you can set up a camera there as well and view all cameras remotely through the system’s app.

While they won’t all be on the same physical network, most of these systems allow remote viewing as long as each camera and the NVR (if applicable) have internet access

Excellent. These options all address your need for local storage and a unified system for your home and cottage

Arlo Go 2 LTE or Wi-Fi Spotlight Camera is a cellular security camera that does not require Wi-Fi. It operates with a SIM card and service plan (not included). This outdoor camera, with night vision capabilities, comes in a white, 1-pack configuration under model VML2030.