Who makes the best floodlight camera?

Hi everyone! I’m a new homeowner looking to secure my property, and I’ve got two spots where I can install floodlight cameras. I’m trying to figure out which brand is the most reliable and won’t give me too many headaches. One of the cameras will go on my shed, so good connectivity is a must.

Has anyone tried Wyze, Blink, Eufy, or Ring? Which would you recommend for both quality and ease of use?

I previously inquired about this and was advised to opt for separate flood lights and cameras instead of all-in-one units.

Thanks! I guess I never even considered that lol would probably spare me the uneasy feeling of making the wrong purchase, all floodlight cameras seem to have cons of some sort

Exactly… and the ones I’ve seen seem to have the light or bulb sealed within the unit. Even though LEDs last longer than traditional incandescent bulbs, having to discard or replace the entire fixture feels both wasteful and costly.

I’m curious about the benefits of choosing separate devices. What advantages would that offer?

If you decide to go with a floodlight camera, Eufy is probably your best option. Otherwise, I agree with DanishWonder—it’s better to get a separate camera (either PoE or hardwired to the power from the floodlight switch) and use that instead.

I feel like the eufy has a better build quality than the wyze and definitely better than ring/blink

Personally really like my google nest one, it’s actually a normal floodlight with smart controls that comes with one of their outdoor cameras and a mount for it. Pretty easy install and working great after a year outside. I also got a starling hub so I can use it with HomeKit locally as well. Their battery doorbell though is a different story, won’t work sub 30 degrees f.

Don’t have any experience with the others, but I’m happy with my two from Wyze.