Who has best floodlight camera?

Hello! New homeowner who wants to protect his property. I have two spots where I can have floodlight cameras, and I’m trying to determine the best brand that’s not going to give me many problems. One will be on a shed, so connectivity is a strong selling point.

Wyze? Blink? Eufy? Ring?

I asked something similar and was told to get separate floodlights and cameras rather than all-in-one.

TomHenry said:
I asked something similar and was told to get separate floodlights and cameras rather than all-in-one.

Thanks! I guess I never even considered that lol would probably spare me the uneasy feeling of making the wrong purchase, all floodlight cameras seem to have cons of some sort.

Charles said:

TomHenry said:

Thanks! I guess I never even considered that lol would probably spare me the uneasy feeling of making the wrong purchase, all floodlight cameras seem to have cons of some sort.

Right…plus the ones I’ve looked at seem to have the light/bulb post kinda sealed. While LED may last longer than traditional incandescent bulbs, having to throw away the whole thing/replace it seems very wasteful and expensive.

TomHenry said:

Curious as to what the benefits would be to get separate devices?

If you have to go for a floodlight camera, Eufy is probably the best. Otherwise, I agree with getting a separate camera (either PoE or hardwired to power from the floodlight switch) and use that.

Eufy is beta testing a new 3K floodlight with a hybrid dual lens setup, motion tracking, color and brightness adjustable, and 24/7 recording. I think that will be the best most feature-rich floodlight on the market.

clinton said:
Eufy is beta testing a new 3K floodlight with a hybrid dual lens setup, motion tracking, color and brightness adjustable, and 24/7 recording. I think that will be the best most feature-rich floodlight on the market.

Interesting. I was going to get into Eufy right before they had that big vulnerability/privacy breach thing. Shame as they do seem to offer some good products.

Maci said:

clinton said:

Interesting. I was going to get into Eufy right before they had that big vulnerability/privacy breach thing. Shame as they do seem to offer some good products.

It was overblown IMO. Eufy has since fixed the vulnerabilities and has taken a lot of steps to improve their security.

clinton said:

Maci said:
clinton said:

It was overblown IMO. Eufy has since fixed the vulnerabilities and has taken a lot of steps to improve their security.

Yeah, I heard they had, but then heard there is some other/newer unresolved security issue, so still kinda hesitant.

clinton said:

Anywhere to look for more info? Potential launch date?

Talia said:

clinton said:

There’s a link for the FCC ID page that has pictures of the floodlight and the manual but no launch date info. I can speculate it should be sometime this year.

clinton said:

Talia said:
clinton said:

There’s a link for the FCC ID page that has pictures of the floodlight and the manual but no launch date info. I can speculate it should be sometime this year.

Hopefully it comes out soon and at a good price point. Was looking at the floodlight E221 but wish it had expandable storage. Not a fan of the pan and tilt.

Talia said:

clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

Hopefully it comes out soon and at a good price point. Was looking at the floodlight E221 but wish it had expandable storage. Not a fan of the pan and tilt.

The one I’m talking about is a PTZ camera, so if you don’t want that, it won’t be for you.

clinton said:

Talia said:
clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

The one I’m talking about is a PTZ camera, so if you don’t want that, it won’t be for you.

What’s PTZ?

Talia said:

clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

What’s PTZ?

Pan tilt and zoom.

Talia said:

clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

Also, the E221 will be compatible with the HB3 by the end of this year so there will be a way to expand the storage.

clinton said:

Talia said:
clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

Also, the E221 will be compatible with the HB3 by the end of this year so there will be a way to expand the storage.

E221 floodlight. Are we talking about the same thing? Their products use the same model number across different product categories.

Talia said:

clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

E221 floodlight. Are we talking about the same thing? Their products use the same model number across different product categories.

I’m talking about this Light Cameras -Security Camera with Light - eufy US

clinton said:

Talia said:
clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:
Talia said:
clinton said:

I’m talking about this Light Cameras -Security Camera with Light - eufy US

Oh right. I got things mixed up. I only have an HB2 and would prefer just recording locally to a card so it’s continuous and doesn’t take up bandwidth.