Who can I consult about my home security system options without them having a vested interest in selling or installing one?

Hey everyone, I’m feeling a bit stuck with my home security system. The previous owner had ADT install a Safewatch Pro 3000 system with a Honeywell WA3000-9.12 board and Pulse gateway. We had ADT come by to assess the house, but they tried to upsell us on about $1,000 worth of upgrades plus a $60/month contract. Instead, I decided to buy a Ring system because of the lower monthly monitoring rate. However, after doing some research, it seems like it might be a significant downgrade to replace the existing system with Ring.

I’m looking for someone who can come out, take a look at the house, and provide unbiased advice on what makes the most sense for our needs. I checked out local security companies, but I’m concerned they might not offer an objective opinion.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you’re caught between maintaining your current system or switching to Ring. If the ADT system is functional and suits your needs, it might be worth keeping it, especially since Ring could be a downgrade in terms of features. Consider hiring an independent security consultant for unbiased advice.