Which is the Best Smart Home Ecosystem that I Should Choose?

Hey everyone,

I’m looking to upgrade my home with smart devices and I’m not sure which ecosystem (Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, etc.) is the best fit for me.

What are your experiences with different smart home ecosystems? Which one do you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

operating Home Assistant for more than 5 years at this point. from Homeseer converted. This post really nails the mark! While I use Amazon Alexa for voice control, I’m also exploring with the locally only voice control feature built into Home Assistant. I believe it will reach a mature enough state to take Alexa’s place in 2024.

When it comes to WiFi switches, don’t ignore products like Tapo or Tp-Link Kasa. I own more than twenty Tp-Link Kasa dimmers and switches. All under local control, extremely economical, and my spouse approves of them :grin:

In my opinion, Home Assistant is the greatest “hub” available. It may be used with almost any hardware, including bare metal X86, Raspberry Pi, and virtual machines running Proxmox hypervisors. It backs