What's the difference between using a Ring camera without a subscription and a Blink XT2?

Hey guys, so I’ve got the Ring security system set up for self-monitoring, and now I’m thinking about adding some cameras to the mix. I’ve been looking at both Ring and Blink XT2, but I’m not a big fan of subscription fees. I’m thinking of just using the Ring cameras for live-feed without a subscription, and I don’t anticipate using Blink’s storage clips much since my neighborhood is pretty safe. My wife really wants a security system, so that’s the main reason for getting it.

What do you guys think? Any recommendations between Ring and Blink XT2? I was leaning towards Ring because I thought it might integrate better with my alarm system (does it actually?), but if I’m not paying for a subscription, is there really much of a difference? I’ve heard Ring cameras are better quality, but Blink is cheaper, so I’m a bit torn.

I’d really appreciate any input you guys have on this!

Both Ring and Blink XT2 offer solid options, but it really comes down to your preferences and needs. If you’re not keen on subscription fees, going with Ring for live-feed without a subscription could be a good choice. Plus, if your wife is really keen on a security system, having that peace of mind is invaluable.

In terms of integration with your alarm system, Ring does tend to play well with other Ring devices, so that’s something to consider if you’re already using their products. However, if you’re not looking for extensive integration, Blink XT2 might still suit your needs just fine.

As for quality versus cost, Ring cameras do have a reputation for being higher quality, but Blink is known for being budget-friendly. If you’re in a safe neighborhood and don’t anticipate needing storage clips often, the lower cost of Blink might be a good fit for you.

Ultimately, it’s about finding the balance between features, cost, and peace of mind. Whichever option you choose, make sure it aligns with your priorities and gives you the security you and your wife are looking for. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Just got Ring for self-monitoring, looking to add cameras. Leaning Ring for alarm integration, but not a fan of monthly fees. Mainly want live view for peace of mind (wife wants security boost). Any thoughts Ring vs Blink XT2 without a subscription? Heard Ring has better quality but Blink is cheaper. Thanks!

If you forget the monthly fees for a moment, both Ring and Blink XT2 will let you see what’s happening live on your phone and talk through the camera. But that’s where it gets interesting. Ring needs a subscription to save any recordings, so if something happens, you’re out of luck without a plan. Blink XT2, on the other hand, lets you plug in a flash drive and store clips locally, all without paying extra – pretty neat if you’re on a budget.