What's the best camera that uses Power over Ethernet (PoE) for keeping your home safe?

I currently have Arlo Ultra 2 cameras, but I’m not happy with how slow it is to see the live feed and the picture quality isn’t good, especially from far away. One camera is about 25 feet from the street, but you can’t see a license plate clearly.

I’m searching for a different kind of camera called a PoE camera, which stands for Power over Ethernet. I want it to have really clear 4K video and connect to a device called an NVR. I’ve looked up information, but I’d like to hear from people who have actually used these cameras before.

I want to be able to set it up easily and see the video from far away, either through a system called FTP or through the internet using cloud storage. I’m not too worried about where the video is stored, but I’d like to have options.

Basically, I want the video quality to be excellent, and I want to be able to see license plates clearly from 25 feet away. I’m still learning about what these cameras can do, but if it can record video all day, that would be perfect.

I’m open to any suggestions for cameras that cost $2,000 or less.

1 Like

There’s no one-size-fits-all PoE camera for home security.

• Think resolution: Do you need crystal clear footage (4K) or is good quality (1080p) enough?
  • Night vision matters: Look for long infrared range for sharp night images.
  • Wider view, wider coverage: Consider a PTZ camera for adjustable angles if needed.
  • Extra features are cool: Motion alerts, two-way talk, weatherproofing - pick what you need!

I mentioned some good options to get you started. Remember to check compatibility with your system and prioritize features that matter most to you! This will help you find the perfect PoE security camera for your home.

1 Like

I’m really happy with our Reolink cameras. They caught the person who drove into our mailbox and had to go to court for it. They had to pay up.

So Reolink gets a big thumbs up from me