What smart lock should I buy?

Hey guys, I’m nearing the final stages of my home’s construction and need to purchase locks for my front and first-floor doors. I prefer locks that use a physical key and, if they have buttons, I want them to be easy to press, unlike the Effy locks, where it’s hard to tell if a number was touched. Can anyone recommend a good lock? Also, what about the handle? If there’s a bottom knob with a lock, it defeats the purpose, since it would require a physical key. Links would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Schlage WiFi Deadbolt with Encode. Wife repeatedly neglected to shut the front door. This one will automatically lock. Easy to install and a nice lock.

2 Likes

I’d recommend a Schlage smart deadbolt. It’s reliable, reputable, and HomeKit compatible. The buttons beep and light up when pressed, but the keypad is flat. The Encode Plus series is a great option: Schlage Encode Plus.

1 Like

Check out the option at The Connected Shop. They offer subscription-free locks with all the features you mentioned.

The greatest one, in my opinion, is one that does not utilize the Internet or any “assistant” to operate.

I personally use the Wyze Lock Bolt and have had no complaints in 1.5 years. I am still on the original set of batteries as well.