What’s the best and most cost-effective way to boost a weak WiFi signal in one area of the house?

I recently bought a home where the router is located in a closet at one end of the house. The signal is weak in one room on the opposite side, which is unfortunately a room we use frequently. The signal is usually only one bar and often drops out.

I want to improve the signal in this room without compromising the overall WiFi strength in the rest of the house. I’ve heard WiFi extenders might not be worth it.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? I’m not very tech-savvy :weary:

To improve a weak WiFi signal in one area, first place your router centrally, away from walls and obstructions. If that doesn’t work, consider adding a WiFi extender, mesh system, or upgrading to a stronger router. These options can be cost-effective depending on your home’s size and layout.

Disconnect unused devices from your network. Change your router’s channel to a less crowded one. Use the 5 GHz band for better speed. Move your router to a central location.