What is the best video doorbell 2024?

Wyze recently launched the Doorbell Cam v2, boasting impressive features. However, the company’s past security concerns raise apprehension. Moreover, unlike Amcrest, Wyze mandates a subscription for alerts, contrasting Amcrest’s free service.

1 Like

I’ve had a chance to interact with Wyze v2 before. I love some of its features such as its 24/7 recording capabilities. I think you have got it wrong mate, because Wyze V2 can record on a local MicroSD, so, you do not need to pay for its subscription.
The No Cam Plus Plan, which comes without a subscription fee relays motion, sound, and smoke-triggered alerts and you do not need to pay for any subscription to get such features.
The subscription for the Cam Plus Plan will only offer a few more sophisticated features such as vehicle, pet, package, and person detection. In general, I think the paid subscription is great for a household with high traffic of visitors and activities such that you will need to utilize cloud video recording as well as the 2x and 4x event fast-forwarding features. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Choosing the “best” doorbell depends on your needs! Here’s a breakdown:

• Wyze Doorbell Cam v2: Budget-friendly with good features, but past security concerns and required subscription for alerts are drawbacks.

Alternatives to consider:

• Amcrest: Free alert option but might lack some features.

Do more research based on your priorities (security, features, cost) to pick the perfect fit

2 Likes

I love my Reolink PoE doorbell. No cloud, no fees, local recording.

1 Like

I’m excited about the new Wyze Doorbell Cam v2 with its features, but I’m a bit cautious. Wyze has had some security issues in the past, which makes me nervous. Plus, unlike Amcrest’s free alert notifications, Wyze requires a subscription to get alerted when someone’s at my door. That subscription cost adds up, and feels unnecessary since Amcrest offers the same feature for free.

1 Like

With the launch of Wyze Doorbell Cam v2 offering great features, I’m hesitant due to past security issues and the required subscription for alerts. On the other hand, Amcrest provides free alert services. How do these factors compare when choosing between Wyze and Amcrest for a doorbell camera?

When choosing between the Wyze Doorbell Cam v2 and the Amcrest doorbell camera, consider both security and cost factors. Wyze Doorbell Cam v2 offers impressive features but has a history of security concerns and requires a subscription for alert services, which can add to long-term costs. In contrast, Amcrest offers free alert services, which can be more budget-friendly and appealing for users concerned about recurring fees. However, it’s essential to weigh these considerations against the specific features and reliability each brand offers to determine which doorbell camera best meets your security needs and preferences.

Opting for Wyze Doorbell Cam v2? Note its past security issues and subscription-based alert services, possibly leading to higher costs. Also, installation might be more challenging compared to other brands.

For Amcrest doorbell camera, has Connectivity problems, unreliable motion detection, and inadequate support are frequent criticisms of the Amcrest doorbell camera.

The best Video doorbells this year are Ring, Arlo, and Nest:

1. Ring offers wide compatibility and customizable motion zones. Arlo emphasizes advanced AI features for enhanced security.
  2. Nest provides seamless integration with the Google ecosystem and continuous video recording.

All you need is to choose according to what you really need.