What is the best security camera system for both indoor and outdoor use?

I’ve realized that Arlo isn’t a good option for me. Their wireless cameras are terrible, though their wired ones are okay. I’m looking for a system with both indoor and outdoor cameras. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Here are some of my suggestions, with prices ranging from $50 to $250:

You can find them on sale at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1N4LM4J.

Blink Indoor/Outdoor Camera: This budget-friendly camera offers 1080p resolution, night vision, and free 30-day cloud storage. It is available in both indoor and outdoor versions, and it is easy to set up.

Ring Stick Up Cam Battery HD: A versatile option for both indoors and outdoors, featuring 1080p resolution, night vision, two-way talk, and compatibility with the Ring Alarm system. Its battery power allows for flexible placement.

Google Nest Cam (Battery or Wired): This camera provides high-quality 1080p or 2K resolution, integrates seamlessly with Google Assistant for smart home functionality, and offers secure cloud storage. Both indoor and outdoor models are available.

Wyze Cam v3: A very affordable option with 1080p resolution, night vision, and local microSD card storage. It is available in both indoor and outdoor models, though it has some limitations compared to more expensive options.

Swann SwannOne Security System: For a more comprehensive system with multiple cameras, SwannOne offers both wired and wireless options. Features include 1080p or 2K resolution, night vision, two-way talk, and local NVR storage.

2 Likes

If you’re seeking a home security camera system with both indoor and outdoor options, there are several reputable brands to consider. One popular choice is the Nest Cam lineup, which offers both indoor and outdoor cameras with high-quality video, two-way audio, and advanced features like motion detection and smartphone alerts. Another option is the Ring Security Camera system, known for its easy installation, wide range of camera options, and integration with other Ring smart home devices. Additionally, the Wyze Cam Outdoor and Indoor cameras provide affordable yet reliable options with features like night vision, motion detection, and free cloud storage. Each of these systems has its strengths, so consider your specific needs and preferences when making your decision.

1 Like

At home, I prioritize a mix of traditional security measures and modern technology to safeguard my property. This includes a monitored alarm system with sensors on doors and windows, which alerts authorities in case of unauthorized entry. Additionally, I have surveillance cameras strategically placed around the perimeter of my property to monitor activity and deter potential intruders. These cameras provide real-time monitoring and recordings accessible through a mobile app. For added convenience and security, I’ve installed smart locks on entry doors, allowing me to remotely control and monitor access to my home. Overall, this combination of security measures provides peace of mind knowing that my home is protected whether I’m there or away.

2 Likes

After testing dozens of cameras in our own homes, both indoors and out, we think the best indoor camera is the Nest Cam, while the best outdoor camera is the Nest Cam (battery). Both are elegant, easy to set up, deliver excellent video, and are reasonably priced.

1 Like