What home security systems do you all have?

What home security do you all have? What would you recommend?

2 Likes

We use Amazon Ring security. Started w/ a basic kit that comes with a few basic items (hub, sensors, etc.) and grew the cameras and sensors all over the place over time when things are on sale. Same cost monthly as the previous hard wired system that had zero smarthome capabilities and the insurance pays for it.

It integrates nicely with Alexa and with a Echo Show 15 on the wall, it’s a pretty good combo. You can get a basic smarthome dashboard and also just ask it to show you any camera. All the sensors will chime on any Alexa you want when a door or window sensor opens which I love especially because I work in the basement. And, if you have a Firestick or Firetv, you can just yell at the TV or click the remote to either show you cameras or control lights and such.

It does more but I’ll stop here till I see any interest.

1 Like

According to me i have the Ring Alarm as the best Security systems, it has the best Cameras and Video Doorbells.

How much does it cost? and Requires a subscription?

That sounds like an excellent arrangement. How is the video quality, particularly at night? Have you had any connectivity troubles or false alarms? Also, do you think the monthly fees are worth it for the additional smart home capabilities?