What doorbell camera is the best?

So my mom and I really need a good doorbell camera. But there are so many types with different features, and some are better than others. Every brand or product has good and bad reviews, so if anyone has suggestions for a wireless doorbell camera that’s easy to mount (charging and batteries aren’t a problem), it would be helpful. We want good video quality and long-range capability because we live on a busy street and our walkway is quite long. We also need it to have minimal lag and good night vision. It should be able to detect human activity well, maybe even alien activity if we’re being imaginative. This will be our first doorbell camera, so we don’t know much. The reviews we’ve seen for different brands are all over the place. Thanks in advance. Please share your thoughts on the best affordable option and why you recommend it.

2 Likes

Hi @Donna, The top doorbell cameras based on different criteria are as follows:

• Arlo Video Doorbell: Best overall with a wide field of view, built-in siren, and night vision.
  • SimpliSafe Doorbell: Best for affordability and integration with other SimpliSafe devices.
  • Lorex Doorbell: Best for security packages with professional monitoring and smart home features.
  • Google Nest Doorbell: Best features with facial recognition, HDR video, and Google Assistant integration.
  • SkyBell Doorbell: Best for free storage with no monthly fees and cloud recording.
1 Like

The Blink Video Doorbell I got is awesome. When I was shopping for camera sets, this was the best deal I found. It’s exactly what I wanted for my backyard – the perfect doorbell and cameras. We decided on this one because it can run on batteries, which only need changing once a year, unlike Ring cameras that need charging every two weeks. Even though we ended up hardwiring it, it’s good to know we had the battery option.

We now have Aqara. We started with a ring pro but I was sick of Amazon I just wanted to get rid of anything and any service they provided…like music too. Do the we got Logitech because we are building HomeKit. It was fine until it went into ‘overheating’ mode and wouldn’t come out of it. So now….Aqara. So far it’s been great. It has batteries or can be wired in, and we went wired. I think it is the only camera that can be HomeKit connected even with batteries. Because we have an Apple TV streaming device, when someone rings the bell a portion of the TV displays who is at the door. The performance night and day is great. One thing the Ring offered was ringtones for occasions/holdays. None of the others have.