What do you have as home security?

What sorts of security measures do you have at home to safeguard your property? This could include alarm systems, surveillance cameras, or smart locks.

3 Likes

Monitored Alarm Systems: These systems are connected to a monitoring center that can alert authorities if an alarm is triggered. They often come with features like motion detectors, door and window sensors, and glass break sensors.

2 Likes

It sounds like you’ve taken comprehensive measures to secure your property. Your setup includes high-definition CCTV cameras with night vision, motion-activated external lighting, deterrent plants, an internal burglar alarm system with monitoring, strategic signage, and a vigilant German Shepherd. Living in a tightly-knit neighborhood adds an additional layer of security, as does your personal readiness to protect your home if needed. These measures, combined with the absence of valuables worth risking one’s safety or freedom for, create a formidable security strategy.

1 Like

For me, I have an alarm system in addition to surveillance cameras which of course are motion sensors and interlinked to the alarm system.
I have also a fence which has electric barrier at the top

Lock Up: Always lock doors and windows when leaving, entering, or before bedtime. It’s a simple yet effective step and cheapest way to safeguard your property.