Vivint vs adt- My experience

Recently settling into my new residence, I found myself unexpectedly greeted by an ADT salesperson at my doorstep. Their proposition was a home security system priced at $55 per month, inclusive of professional installation and complimentary home security equipment. However, to proceed, I would need to pay a $99 activation fee and commit to a 3-year contract. The question arises: is this offer truly worthwhile?

Upon further inquiry, I discovered that Vivint, another reputable provider, offers a package at $60 per month, but requires a substantial upfront equipment fee of $3400.

Contemplating my options, I weigh the advantages and drawbacks. ADT’s offer boasts free hardware, albeit tied to a contractual commitment spanning three years. Conversely, Vivint presents a higher upfront cost but potentially greater flexibility. Are there alternative solutions that offer a more favorable balance? The contract aspect remains a significant consideration with ADT, as it effectively commits me to paying for their hardware over the duration of the agreement.

3 Likes

Exploring alternative solutions might reveal options that strike a more favorable balance between upfront costs, contract terms, and flexibility. Some providers offer customizable packages, allowing you to tailor your security system to your specific needs without unnecessary commitments. Additionally, it’s worth considering DIY security systems or monitoring services that may offer competitive pricing and flexibility without the requirement of a long-term contract.

Ultimately, the decision should be based on your individual priorities, budget, and preferences regarding contract terms and flexibility. Take the time to thoroughly research and compare different options to ensure you find the best fit for your home security needs.

2 Likes

As I was getting settled into my new home, I had an unexpected visit from an ADT salesperson offering a home security system package for $55 per month. This package included professional installation and complimentary security equipment.

2 Likes

As I consider my choices, I’m examining the pros and cons :sweat_smile:. ADT’s offer includes free hardware, but it comes with a three-year contract commitment.

1 Like

I wonder if there are other options out there that strike a better balance between cost and flexibility.