Vivint Doorbell Warranty Issue - Should I Switch to Cove, Ring, or ADT?

Hello guys…I’ve been using a Vivint security system for about 5 years now, and I’ve generally been happy with it. Recently, my doorbell broke, and since it had a lifetime warranty, I thought getting a replacement would be straightforward. Unfortunately, the model is no longer available, and Vivint only offered me a 20% discount on a new one instead of a free upgrade.

This situation has me questioning if they will honor the lifetime warranty for the rest of my equipment. Given this uncertainty, I’m considering upgrading my system with a different company. I’ve been looking at Cove, Ring, and ADT as potential alternatives. :thinking:

Vivint has a reputation for locking customers into 5 year contracts and charging significantly more than the value of their systems. It is best to steer clear of them.

Never buy from door to door salespeople. Their model thrives on high pressure, impulse purchases with little to no research. If you are looking for an active security system, make sure to do your homework beforehand. The fact that you are seeking advice after signing up shows just how effective their tactics can be.