Using a Wireless Doorbell Near Other Wireless Doorbells

Hello, I’m having trouble finding up-to-date information on “Privacy Codes” in wireless doorbell systems. These codes are supposed to allow users to slightly change the frequency their doorbell uses, preventing false triggers from other nearby wireless doorbells, even those from different brands—which is the issue I’m dealing with now.

I’m considering a motion detection/video system instead, but if interference with other systems is going to be a bigger problem with that kind of setup, I might avoid it. Any information or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I’ve having trouble finding current resources regarding “Privacy Codes” that are rumored to be included in some wireless doorbell systems, that allows the user to slightly modify the frequency their doorbell is operating under so as to not falsely trigger and be falsely triggered with other wireless doorbell systems, even under different brands which is the case right now.

So you’re having trouble today with this? What make and model?

Since at least the 1990s, wireless doorbells almost all offered at least a dozen selectable possible “privacy codes” so you could avoid collision with your neighbors doorbell.

If you just want a cheap wireless doorbell with built-in protection against accidental overlap, go with STI Wireless. Like all modern “name brand” wireless doorbells, they use a learning system to avoid false triggers.

I’m leaning towards a motion detection/video system, but if interference with other systems is going to be more of a concern going forward with that kind of setup, I won’t be interested.

WiFi connected video doorbells use the WiFi SSID/password to keep your doorbell on your network, so no worries there.