Upgrade Apartment Door Locks: Is Schlage the Best Choice?

Hello,

I am looking to replace and upgrade the locks on my apartment door. The building is quite old, and the current setup consists of a traditional keyed lock with a door knob and an interior deadbolt. I’ve noticed that many people recommend Schlage locks. Could someone advise if Schlage is the best option for this situation, or suggest any other reliable alternatives?

2 Likes

Judging by its price :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, I have always rated it among the best door locks. You’re literally getting value for money

2 Likes

Schlage is indeed a highly recommended brand for door locks, known for its durability and security. The Schlage B60N single-cylinder deadbolt is particularly praised for its resistance to forced entry and ease of installation. It is rated Grade 1 by ANSI/BHMA, meaning it has passed rigorous security tests.

Therefore purchasing will not be a waste of money but it will give your money value.

1 Like

I don’t think that it is the best option available right now because other companies have come up with more excellent locks than Schlage.

The best alternatives are:

• Kwikset 980: This deadbolt also has a Grade 1 rating and is known for its SmartKey technology, which allows you to re-key the lock yourself in seconds.
  • Yale Assure Lock 2: If you are interested in smart locks, this one offers keyless entry and can be integrated with smart home systems.