Two Backup Batteries on Honeywell Vista 20P

I have a Honeywell Vista 20P system equipped with an Amseco VSD-208. The original backup battery is connected directly to the VSD-208 using two terminal screws, as shown in the attached image. I’m wondering if it’s possible to connect a second battery to the same terminals on the VSD-208, where the first battery is connected.

The terminals for the battery connection are labeled +12V and (-).

Image link

It appears that the VSD-208 is utilizing the battery charging leads, with the existing battery connected to the siren driver—likely done to ensure the siren receives enough current.

Is it possible to connect a second battery to the same terminals as the first one on the VSD-208?

Yes, you can connect the second battery in parallel with the original one. However, keep in mind that if you ever end up using both batteries until they are fully drained, it will take a considerable amount of time for them to recharge once power is restored. The “LO BATT” warning may persist for several days as the batteries recover.

That’s what appears to be happening yeah. The siren does draw quite a bit of power and the VSD-208 creates the voice and siren obviously. When you say I can connect them in parallel, do you mean just attaching another two wire spade harness from the second battery to the VSD-208 terminals with the first battery? Or wiring the two batteries in series? Thanks!

When you say I can connect them in parallel, do you mean just attaching another two wire spade harness from the second battery to the VSD-208 terminals with the first battery?

Yes.