Trouble with System Sensor 2WB Smoke Detector on Vista 20P

I’m currently setting up a 2WB smoke detector on Zone 1 of a Vista 20P system. I believe I wired it correctly, but the detector triggers an alarm every 30 seconds. After silencing the alarm and resetting the power, the issue persists. There’s no visible smoke, but there might be dust due to ongoing construction. However, the sensor was installed today, so it hasn’t had time to accumulate dust.

Here’s how I’ve wired it: The wire from the panel (HI) is connected to the (+) on the left side. I placed a 2k resistor between the (+) on the right side and the (-). The wire from the (-) is connected to the panel (LO). There’s only one smoke detector on this loop.

One thing to note is that there’s a sizable hole where the wire exits the ceiling and connects to the detector, and there’s some draft coming through. Could this draft be causing the false alarms?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Wired wrong.

Resistor goes at the end of the line smoke. So if there’s only one, it goes on that smoke. Screw one side of the resistor under the empty + terminal on the smoke, and the other side with the black wire under the -

1 Like

So that is exactly how I wired it before (I may have been unclear, mb) and it still has this issue.

1 Like

At the panel you’ve got red going to terminal 8 and black to terminal 9?

If so, and at the smoke you’ve got it correct, it sounds like it could be a bad smoke

1 Like

Yes I even made sure but I will check again when I get back. If not guess it is a bad sensor… And there is no reed switch for testing, right? I know some of the commercial smoke detectors have that…

Do you have a voltmeter to check voltage on the circuit?