Thinking about a Surety DIY system… need advice before I buy

Hey everyone,

I’m close to buying a DIY home security setup from Surety. I got a super high quote from a local company, so I’m thinking of doing it myself. I’d appreciate any advice from the experts here before I commit.

PowerG PG9303B vs. IQ mini door/window sensors

• I’d prefer to use PowerG sensors across the board because I’ve heard they’re generally better than the IQ sensors, but the smaller size of the IQ ones is appealing. Also, has anyone tried painting sensors? I’d like them in brown if possible.

IQ Panel 4 with 319.5 radio

PowerG smoke, heat, carbon monoxide, and flood sensors

Reolink POE camera system

For monitoring, once I’ve installed everything, is it as simple as registering on alarm.com and linking my panel to it?

Thanks in advance!

I’m an ADC dealer. Between PowerG and the 319, I’d say go with PowerG. They have better range and battery life.

Just a heads up, if you want to connect third-party cameras to alarm.com, you’ll need an ADC recorder. You might lose some features if you add non-ADC cameras to the system. If cameras on ADC are important, consider getting a quote for their own cameras.

@Benaiah
Also, if you’re sticking to just one type of sensor, you don’t need a dual-frequency panel. Just go for the PowerG IQ4.

Benaiah said:
@Benaiah
Also, if you’re sticking to just one type of sensor, you don’t need a dual-frequency panel. Just go for the PowerG IQ4.

Thanks for the advice! That switch will save me about $100, so I’ll definitely go with it.