Suggestions for a high-quality wired home security camera system that is wirelessly accessible

Here are my requirements for the security camera system:

We will connect the cameras with wires. Wireless is not reliable and the Wi-Fi signal is weak outside.

I may have multiple dvr/nvr and they all need to link together so I can see everything on one application. We have an extensive property.

• Image quality must be high, enough to read license plates and recognize faces
  • Audio recording is a bonus
  • Night vision must be of good quality
  • Pan/tilt/zoom functions are a bonus
  • Continuous recording onto a DVR/NVR
  • Easy to add more cameras in the future (up to 8 is fine)
  • Budget is high, simply looking for the best options for a good value

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Thank you!

3 Likes

The license plate element of your list jumps out to me. It is simple to acquire plates during the day, but at night, several factors come into play, such as the distance from the cars to the camera, the height of the camera, if there is external illumination, and how quickly the cars are traveling. It is exceedingly difficult to find cameras that aren’t built to catch license plates reliably.

Also, PTZ cameras are unnecessary unless you want to cover the same region with a fixed camera. You’d be better off with a multi-head or fisheye. I’m an Axis fan. Wisenet is a fantastic alternative because they have a lower-cost camera line that they developed to replace their Dahua line. They also include cameras with built-in anyalitics, which detects when a person or automobile passes by. Their product lines range from consumer grade to high-end industrial.

2 Likes

Reolink is the right blend of affordability, quality, dependability, and use.

1 Like

Ubiquiti is suitable for residential use and is simple to set up. Based on App Store reviews, this is probably the greatest app.