Strange visitor at my front porch and then just leaves

@YukiJane
I would, but Ring needs a subscription to save any recordings.

CharlotteAmelia said:
I recently got access to the Ring camera at my house. It’s technically my mom’s, but she just gave me access.

About 10 minutes ago, the Ring camera alerted me to someone at the front door. I’m pretty sure it was my neighbor’s wife. She was wearing pajamas, standing in the corner near the porch area. She stayed for a bit, then just walked away. Very odd.

I asked my mom if she noticed it, and she said this has been happening multiple times! What could she possibly be doing just standing there?

At first, I thought she might be trying to lure me outside, and maybe someone was hiding nearby. But it doesn’t make sense because she didn’t even ring the doorbell or come closer. Maybe she’s trying to signal for help? Could she be in some kind of trouble?

I have no clue what’s going on.

Maybe she’s sleepwalking or on medication that makes her wander. Or she could be shy about bringing something up but just can’t work up the courage to talk to you. She might need a friend or help.

@Jean
I agree, it’s worrying. I plan to talk to her when I get the chance.

CharlotteAmelia said:
I recently got access to the Ring camera at my house. It’s technically my mom’s, but she just gave me access.

About 10 minutes ago, the Ring camera alerted me to someone at the front door. I’m pretty sure it was my neighbor’s wife. She was wearing pajamas, standing in the corner near the porch area. She stayed for a bit, then just walked away. Very odd.

I asked my mom if she noticed it, and she said this has been happening multiple times! What could she possibly be doing just standing there?

At first, I thought she might be trying to lure me outside, and maybe someone was hiding nearby. But it doesn’t make sense because she didn’t even ring the doorbell or come closer. Maybe she’s trying to signal for help? Could she be in some kind of trouble?

Maybe she just zones out in that spot for some reason.

CharlotteAmelia said:

Is your neighbor elderly?

CharlotteAmelia said:

My neighbors sometimes hang out in my yard. It scared me at first, but now I just ignore it. Maybe they just like the spot for some reason.

CharlotteAmelia said:

She could be sleepwalking or dealing with dementia. Maybe your mom could talk to her and see what’s going on.

CharlotteAmelia said:

I walked into my coworker’s office by mistake yesterday because I wasn’t paying attention. It happens. This might not be anything bad.

CharlotteAmelia said:

Was she smoking?

@talksecuricor
I know her husband smokes, but I’m not sure about her.

CharlotteAmelia said:

Your first thought is that she’s going to attack you? Maybe step away from the phone for a bit.

CharlotteAmelia said:

Why not just ask her?

CharlotteAmelia said:

Maybe she needed to borrow a cup of sugar?