Seeking recommendations for a budget-friendly outdoor camera

I’m seeking recommendations for a budget-friendly outdoor camera to monitor the side of my house, as my neighbors keep stealing my trash cans (a common issue in Florida). My budget is at most $150, but I’m open to investing in a more robust setup if convinced.

Ideally, I’d prefer a camera that isn’t battery-operated or reliant on MicroSD cards, as the camera will be positioned far from my router on the opposite side of the house. However, I’m uncertain about the feasibility of this requirement given the distance. Additionally, since I’m a renter, I’d like to avoid attic installations if possible, but I’m willing to consider all suggestions.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

1 Like

For your situation, considering the distance from your router and your preference against battery-operated or MicroSD-dependent cameras, I’d recommend looking into wired outdoor cameras. Brands like Wyze and Blink offer budget-friendly options under $150. These cameras typically connect directly to your home’s Wi-Fi network and can be positioned strategically to cover the side of your house. They often come with cloud storage options for footage, eliminating the need for MicroSD cards. While installation might require some wiring, it’s usually straightforward and doesn’t necessarily involve attic access.