Seeking Experiences and Recommendations: LOREX, REOLINK, EUFY, and ARLO

I’m in the market for a good 4K completely wireless security system, especially with all the sales happening during Prime Day. Previously, I tried the Swann 4K NVR kit but was disappointed by the poor software. I’m looking for a system that is primarily local-only, with minimal cloud dependency. It must work offline and be compatible with Home Assistant if possible. Here are my thoughts on the brands I’m considering:

Requirements:

• 4K resolution
  • Completely wireless
  • Local storage
  • Minimal cloud dependency
  • Reliable app and software
  • Good support for Home Assistant
  • No dependence on internet for functionality

Brands Under Consideration:

LOREX

• Pros: Offers ‘HaLow’ long-range WiFi IP cameras which might help with coverage issues in my thick-walled house. Reputable brand.
  • Cons: Cameras have a unique mounting system which might be incompatible with my existing mounts. Concerned about potential similarities to the Swann app.
  • Link: Lorex 4K NVR System with 4 Battery Operated Cameras

REOLINK

EUFY

• Pros: Cameras have built-in solar panels, solid competition to Swann or Arlo.
  • Cons: Past issues with security and misconfigured recordings. Only considering if it’s the best in the market.
  • Link: Eufy 4K Home Security System

ARLO

• Pros: Known for beating the competition at a given price point/camera quality. Reliable recordings and app.
  • Cons: Concern about dependency on internet despite having a hub.
  • Link: Arlo 4K Security System

Other Options:

• Ubiquiti: Needs true wireless support.
  • Hikvision and Dahua: More suited for SMB+, less consumer-focused.
  • Tapo: Deprioritized due to public IP cam website concerns.
  • Hue: Not mature enough and pushes for online-only functionality.

Final Thoughts:

I need a robust, reliable system that can function offline with excellent local storage capabilities. The camera quality, app reliability, and ease of installation are crucial. If anyone has experiences or recommendations for Lorex, Reolink, Eufy, or Arlo, particularly regarding offline functionality and Home Assistant integration, I’d greatly appreciate your input.

Please share your experiences and advice!