Securing a New Condo Unit Under HOA Restrictions

We’re moving into a new condo unit with an HOA, and I’m looking for ways to secure the front door, a tall wooden gate door, and sliding glass doors without making any exterior changes that might get us fined by the HOA. Here’s what I’m considering so far, but I’d love any additional suggestions:

Front Door:

• I’m thinking about using several small Defender locks, the kind you often see for childproofing. They’re discreet and effective, and I plan to replace the short screws with longer ones for added strength.
  • Additionally, I’m considering a door security bar that braces against the floor to prevent forced entry. This doesn’t require any drilling and can be easily removed.

Sliding Glass Doors:

• For the patio doors, I plan to install a Ring camera and alarm system. This way, we have a clear view of the patio and can receive alerts if there’s any activity.
  • I’ll also place a PVC pipe or a metal dowel in the track to prevent the door from being forced open when we’re not home. This is a simple, non-invasive way to enhance security.

Tall Wooden Gate Door:

• A sturdy padlock through the existing hole seems like the easiest solution for the gate. I’m also considering a gate bar that fits inside the door for added security. This type of bar typically installs on the inside, so it shouldn’t affect the exterior appearance.

Windows:

• I’m thinking of installing motion detectors inside the windows, which would trigger an alert if there’s any unusual movement. Since we can’t change the glass or add anything visible from the outside, these interior sensors should offer a good balance of security and compliance with HOA rules.

If anyone has experience with similar situations or other creative solutions, I’d appreciate the advice!