Replacing ring doorbell peephole battery camera

I decided to replace our doorbell as the bell push is split, and there’s no sound on video playback despite many attempts to fix it. There’s an offer on Amazon right now. I assume I should delete the current Ring doorbell from the app before setting up the new one. I have a subscription, and the new one comes with a 30-day free trial. Will Ring automatically recognize the replacement from the app and start the free trial, suspending my current payment? My subscription was renewed in March, so will it continue after the 30-day trial, or will they refund the remainder and start a new one?

1 Like

The battery life of my own peephole cam is about two months, give or take. I honestly have not been too unhappy with my apartment complex, even though I have occasionally caught someone stealing from my neighbors.

When it comes to battery life, I think it is better to purchase an extra battery for this because you can change it without ever having to go outside—you just need to go to your door and swap it out.

Yes, you should delete your old Ring doorbell from the app before setting up the new one. This will help avoid any conflicts and ensure a smooth setup for your new device.

To Delete Your Old Doorbell:

1. Open the Ring app.
  2. Navigate to the device settings for your old doorbell.
  3. Find and select the option to “Remove Device” or similar.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal.

Setting Up Your New Doorbell: After removing the old doorbell, you can set up the new one. The Ring app will guide you through the setup process.

Ring Protect Subscription:

• 30-Day Free Trial: Your new doorbell will come with a 30-day free trial of the Ring Protect plan.
  • Current Subscription: Your existing Ring Protect subscription will remain active until it expires.
  • No Automatic Refund: Ring does not automatically refund the remaining portion of your current subscription.

To avoid paying for two subscriptions, consider canceling your current Ring Protect plan after setting up the new doorbell and activating the free trial.

To Cancel Your Subscription:

1. Log in to your Ring account.
  2. Go to your Ring Protect plan settings.
  3. Follow the instructions to cancel your subscription.

Note: Canceling your subscription will result in the loss of video recording and other Ring Protect features after the 30-day trial ends.

1 Like

Such a nice layout! I have been having the same issue, let’s see if your suggestion works. Thanks a bunch!