Recommendations on Hardwired Security Systems

Just make Google your friend

Unless you’re in Europe, there’s no grading system like that. In the U.S., it’s either UL listed for high security or it’s not—there’s no in-between. So why join a forum just to explain things and then tell people to “Google it”? That’s a bit odd.

I was referring to the European standard as well. It makes a lot of sense, so you’re welcome :blush:. Why be on this forum? Hmm… please :pray:, may I stay? :laughing::joy:. Dear sir, HST has gone international, haven’t you heard? Google it!

You might want to hire a professional, but if you’re set on doing it yourself, you could go for a NVR IP Camera system. Essentially, this setup includes a few cameras that connect to your network via Ethernet cables (you’ll need to manually run these cables through your house) and plug into a NVR (Network Video Recorder). The NVR is a device with a hard drive that records footage from all the cameras. Most systems come with an app or web interface, but if you’re not tech-savvy, network setup can be tricky and not as user-friendly as something like Ring. However, there are usually no monthly fees involved.

The quality of these systems can vary a lot, so it’s hard to recommend a specific brand. Ubiquiti might be an option, but it’s pricey and may not be worth the cost. I’ve heard they still have issues with false positives for recording events, though that could be resolved by now.

Personally, I take it a step further by purchasing individual IP cameras and using a home server for 24/7 recording with Blue Iris. For notifications on my iPhone, I use a software called Scrypted that integrates with Apple TV’s HomeBridge.

As a Technician who works in the Security we install 99% of clients using cabling/hardwired security sensors & cameras. There are too many downsides to Wireless Rf security systems and wifi cameras…