Recommendations for a Budget Security Camera with Cloud Backups

Hi, I recently moved into a new flat, and the previous tenant warned me that the landlord used to enter the property without notice. After interacting with the landlord for a month, I completely believe this could happen, so I’m looking to install a security camera in the hallway facing the front door to monitor any unauthorized entry.

Here’s what I need from the camera:

1. Cloud backup to prevent footage from being lost if the landlord takes the camera.
  2. A timestamp on the video for possible legal evidence.
  3. WiFi connectivity.

It would also be nice to have features like remote live viewing, two-way voice communication, and motion notifications on my phone.

Video quality doesn’t have to be top-notch—just good enough to recognize someone from about 3-4 meters away.

Since I’m hoping to move out within a year, I don’t want to spend too much. My budget is around £100 for the camera, and I’m okay with paying up to £5 a month for a subscription if it makes things easier to set up quickly. Any recommendations would be really appreciated! Thank you!

I recommend checking out Arenti cameras. They offer dual-band WiFi, good quality, and the option to store recordings on a microSD card or in the cloud. You can also view footage in real time. Plus, they support the ONVIF protocol if you prefer to use your own NVR setup.

Thanks for letting me know. It seems like Arenti might not have much availability in the UK. I’d suggest looking into brands like Eufy or TP-Link Tapo, both of which are available in the UK and offer similar features, including cloud storage and real-time viewing. Hopefully, you can find something that works for you!

They are selling from Amazon too. At least, in the US.

It seems they go by Laxihub in the UK, but the selection seems much more limited here.

Yes, I heard that name and supposed that it’s a product line. Anyway, it’s the same thing.

They should ship to European countries based on https://arenti.com/pages/shipping-policy

I guess there are many other companies that sell similar cameras.

You can check out Tapo C110