Phoenix Envision Security vs. DIY Security Systems

I’ve got Envision Security scheduled for installation tomorrow under a 3-year contract. They’re a local Phoenix company, and the Google reviews seem positive. However, I’m a bit wary since they use ADT for monitoring, and I’ve heard some horror stories about price hikes after contracts end.

Here’s what the package includes:

• 3 door sensors
  • 2 glass break sensors
  • 1 fire/smoke detector
  • 2 exterior wired cameras with an option for 24/7 SD recording
  • Cellular and battery backup
  • The cameras are from Alarm.com

The installation is free, with a $54 monthly fee. Given the specifics, I’m wondering if anyone here has experience with Envision Security. Are they reliable, and do they stick to the agreed prices throughout the contract? Alternatively, would I be better off going the DIY route?

I’d appreciate any info or experiences with this company or any similar setups involving ADT contracts but installed by local companies. Thanks in advance!

If they are “using” ADT for their monitoring with a free system, you are not getting an “Envision” system. It is being supplied and paid for by ADT full stop. Envision is just their “Authorized Dealer” and are required to service it for the first 60 days. After that you are 100% an ADT customer. Think long and hard before you fully commit.

Thanks for the input, do you guys have any suggestions on any cellular systems that aren’t a handful. Or PiTA to deal with. Arizona requires Wi-Fi ran by the panel. So real easy for Wi-Fi to be disconnected. Looked at simplisafe but I hear their cameras are subpar, I was thinking maybe simplisafe for monitoring sensors while gone then doing diy cameras but didn’t want multiple platforms to manage.

Yep like the other guy said. That’s just ADT with extra steps. Run.