Outdoor Camera + Smoke Alarm Recommendations

I’m about to close on my first home and am looking for recommendations for:

1. Outdoor Security Camera:

• Features: Motion-activated light, preferably solar-powered. If not solar, a battery with long battery life is essential since there are no outdoor outlets and I don’t know how to wire it.
  2. Smoke/CO2 Detector:

• Features: Provides phone/app notifications when triggered.

I’d love for these two systems to be connected to a singular app to simplify things, but I’m finding that all the big brands require several other systems/control panels and/or expensive monthly subscriptions.

Amazon has plenty of options for outdoor security cameras and smart smoke detectors, but I’m not finding anything affordable that connects to a single system.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! I found out today there have been some car break-ins in the new neighborhood, so I’d love to install these right away upon moving in.

Thank you in advance!

The Nest Protect Smoke and CO2 detector is highly praised for its phone and app notifications. It provides immediate alerts if smoke or carbon monoxide is detected and allows you to manage settings directly from your phone.

For budget friendly options, consider brands like Wyze for cameras and First Alert for smoke detectors. They provide solid functionality at a lower cost, though integration into a single app might not be seamless.

Finding a single app that connects both outdoor security cameras and smoke detectors can be difficult. However, many users find that integrating these devices through platforms like Google Home or Amazon Alexa can simplify control and notifications, avoiding the need for multiple subscriptions.