Options for Upgrading My Old Wired ADT System to Smart Monitoring

Hey peeps,

I need some advice on my current home security situation. I have a fully wired ADT system (Safewatch 3000) in my house, complete with door, window, and motion sensors, plus two old panels. ADT has been trying to get me to sign up for their monitoring service, but they want $80 a month, which feels outrageous to me.

Honestly, I don’t need professional monitoring; I just want to keep track of when doors or windows open and have some control through my phone. :blush: :blush:

Are there any affordable options to convert my old wired system into a smart system? I’m hoping to find a solution that won’t break the bank—maybe something that lets me use my existing sensors or integrates with newer technology.

Where I’m from, most companies will monitor those systems for just $10-20 per month, so it’s hard to justify paying more, especially for older equipment. You might want to check out the Envisalink 4, as it’s compatible with SafeWatch panels and could be a more cost-effective option.

Not to be rude, but it’s helpful to clarify when asking for advice. The Safewatch 3000 is actually your control panel, and the device you use to arm and disarm the system is the keypad.

If you’re interested, you can upgrade the keypads to something more modern, like the Honeywell 6290W touchscreen.