Offline Cameras?

I just bought a house and need to install cameras, but I’m not sure what to get since cloud storage seems to be the industry standard. Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless IP camera that can be used without needing a cloud service?

The Wyze Cam is an excellent home security camera that stores data on an SD card rather than in the cloud. It supports high-definition video, two-way audio, motion detection, and night vision. With its low cost and user-friendly interface, it offers the comfort of local storage, allowing you to govern your data without relying on cloud services.

When I was setting up security cameras in my new home, I also wanted to avoid cloud services due to privacy concerns and additional costs. I ended up choosing a system that supports local storage. The Amcrest IP cameras were a good fit for me because they allow you to store footage on a local NAS or microSD card without relying on cloud services. Setting it up involved configuring the cameras to save footage directly to a local drive, which gave me control over my data and saved on subscription fees. I recommend looking into cameras with similar local storage options if you want to keep things off the cloud.