Need help with a low-battery issue on my Honeywell L5100 (or a newer model)

I’ve changed the battery in the sensor, but I’m still getting a low battery warning, and the alarm tells me to ‘check zone’. Despite this, the alarm activates when the door is opened, so the battery can’t be too low.

Additional questions: This alarm system is no longer connected to an alarm company and only provides warnings/alarms. I bought this house 4-5 years ago, and the system was already installed.

I can’t figure out how to remove the sensor from the system or add a new one. Is there a super-admin mode I might not know about?

Also, I’d like to know if it’s possible to connect the system to Wi-Fi to send alerts.

It feels like I’m missing a lot of the setup functions. Any advice?

It sounds like you’re dealing with a home security alarm system that’s standalone and not connected to a monitoring service, and you’re experiencing issues with a sensor despite changing the battery. To troubleshoot, try resetting the sensor by removing and reinserting the battery and ensuring it’s correctly placed. If the problem persists, you may need access to the system’s master or installer code to enter programming mode and diagnose or reset the sensor. Contacting the previous homeowner or the original installer for assistance with accessing super-admin or programming modes could be beneficial. Regarding Wi-Fi connectivity for alerts, older systems may require additional hardware to connect to Wi-Fi for sending notifications to your smartphone. Exploring user manuals or reaching out to the manufacturer for guidance on these setup functions and potential upgrades could help resolve these issues effectively.