Need advice on low voltage landscape lighting

Hey guys,

I am redoing my front yard and have reached the point where I need to run landscape wire, but I am not sure about the amount and gauge of cable to use. I’d also appreciate any suggestions for lights.

The distance from my electrical outlet to the yard is about 35 feet. From there, it’s another 25 feet to the farthest spots where I might place lights.

I am considering installing 4-6 spotlights and 6-10 walkway lights. I am also thinking of controlling the lights with a TP-Link smart plug. The spotlights would highlight a large oak tree and possibly a few large shrubs.

Would it be feasible to run two long wires, approximately 100’ for the spotlights and another 100’ for the walkway lights? Or would it be better to run a single wire off the transformer and branch it later on?

Are there any code requirements I need to be aware of, aside from ensuring all lights are weather-rated? I plan to run the wire along the side of my garage, then alongside my house by a walkway for about 2 feet, under a concrete walkway, and finally, hidden under mulch but above the soil. Does this plan sound okay?

Here are the parts I’m considering: