Need a small battery camera for wifi?

Hey, I have a small space over my front door, like a little shelf about the width of my hand but a few feet long. I’m looking for a small camera that can record anyone trying to come in and connect to wifi, so we get alerts. Any recommendations?

Have you looked at the Blink camera? Do you want to manage everything yourself, or would you prefer someone else handle the tech stuff?

@mikefawks I’d prefer someone else to manage it. I was thinking of using a camera on the ledge with local wifi. It would send us alerts through an app or take a video if someone comes close, like near the front door.

@ZOLAH The Blink camera seems like the easiest choice. You’d have to trust Amazon with your data, but honestly, most big companies already have access to a lot of our information, so one more won’t hurt.

I have a Ring camera that runs on batteries, but it doesn’t catch everything, so I don’t really trust it for security. The app is easy to use, though, and they have good cloud storage. If you can use a hardwired option, definitely go for that.