Mighty Mule gate opener stopped working... any suggestions?

My partner and I bought a Mighty Mule automatic gate opener a year and a half ago. It worked fine until a couple of months ago, but now it’s acting up. We’ve tried everything: changing the battery, resetting it, and even talking to Mighty Mule support. The gate will move a few inches and then stop. Anyone else had this problem?

I had a similar issue with my Mighty Mule. It turned out to be the control board. I ended up replacing it, and that fixed the problem.

Albert said:
I had a similar issue with my Mighty Mule. It turned out to be the control board. I ended up replacing it, and that fixed the problem.

Thanks. We were thinking it could be the control board too. We’ll look into that.

Have you checked the wiring? Loose or corroded wires can cause intermittent issues like that. It’s worth a look.

Ricky said:
Have you checked the wiring? Loose or corroded wires can cause intermittent issues like that. It’s worth a look.

We haven’t checked that yet. We’ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Does the gate opener beep when it’s not working? I had an issue where it beeped every 10 seconds, and it was because the gate was stuck in programming mode.

Bradley said:
Does the gate opener beep when it’s not working? I had an issue where it beeped every 10 seconds, and it was because the gate was stuck in programming mode.

Yes, it does beep every 10 seconds. How did you fix that?

@Hannah
I had to exit programming mode by pressing the up and down buttons on the control box together for about 3 seconds. That stopped the beeping for me.

It could also be a problem with the remote. If the gate works with the control box but not with the remote, try pairing the remote again or changing its battery.

Safezone said:
It could also be a problem with the remote. If the gate works with the control box but not with the remote, try pairing the remote again or changing its battery.

Good point. The remote has been a bit hit or miss. We’ll check the battery and re-pair it.

We had a similar issue with our gate opener, and it turned out to be interference from nearby devices. Once we moved our Wi-Fi router, the gate worked fine again.