Looking for the best POE cameras NVR for home security… Any suggestions?

Nora said:
I’ve been recommended a few camera brands for home security and need some advice on which would be the best option. My priorities are: Privacy first, followed by Quality, Reliability, and Ease of Use. Here are the brands I’m considering:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

Hikvision, 100%. I use them every day, and they’re easy to install and set up.

Nora said:
I’ve been recommended a few camera brands for home security and need some advice on which would be the best option. My priorities are: Privacy first, followed by Quality, Reliability, and Ease of Use. Here are the brands I’m considering:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

I love Hanwha Wave. Super fast and user-friendly.

Nora said:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

Reolink should be at the top of your list. It’s just as good as Hikvision and has the same features.

Nora said:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

It’s more about compatibility than anything. All of these brands are reliable. You just need to make sure the cameras you want work with the NVR you choose.

Nora said:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

I’m frustrated that Unifi gave me incorrect information.

Bella said:

Nora said:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

I’m frustrated that Unifi gave me incorrect information.

I use Speco because of their NDAA compliance. I run all IP cameras on a VLAN and manage them through Tailscale on my firewall. Speco works fine for me, but I’d love to hear more about why some consider Speco ‘dumpster fodder.’

Nora said:

1. Hikvision
  2. Uniview
  3. Speco
  4. Unifi
  5. Dahua

What do you all think?

My understanding is that Speco’s ONVIF support is mostly limited to their higher-end products. Does anyone know how their prices compare?