Looking for an indoor security camera that doesn't require Wifi but can still send video to a phone

Hi! I’ve been browsing through several posts, but I’m not entirely sure if I’ve found exactly what I need. I’m looking for an indoor security camera for an abandoned house that has electricity but no Wifi. It should be able to send videos when it detects movement, possibly through AT&T or another cellular network. I’m trying to prevent family members from accessing an estate, and I’m planning to change the locks this weekend. I want the camera as an additional security measure and for evidence if needed. What options do I have?

2 Likes

Check out the Lorex and Swann brands. Clips are recorded on a local DVR and then transferred to a USB device. They connect to the internet, yet they don’t require it. Costco sells, as does Amazon. Typically, these are multi-camera and wired packages. $400-$4000.

There are actually a couple options:

1. Cellular Cameras: These cameras use cellular data networks like your phone to send video clips or alerts. They’re totally independent of WiFi, but you’ll need to buy a SIM card and data plan, just like you would for a phone.
  2. Local Storage Cameras: These cameras record footage directly to an SD card in the camera itself. You can’t see things live on your phone, but you can pop out the SD card and view recordings later. They’re the most affordable option, but less convenient.

I know how frustrating it can be, here are few indoor security camera that operates without Wi-Fi, that i can recommend for you:

1. Wyze Cam Outdoor: This compact camera functions independently with continuous video recording to a microSD card. It’s IP65 water-resistant and offers a travel mode for offline use1.
  2. Google Nest Cam (Battery): Originally for outdoor use, it can also be used indoors. It identifies subjects like animals and vehicles and retains up to three hours of video history during power or internet outages1.
  3. Arlo Go Mobile HD Security Camera: Primarily outdoor, it can work indoors with 3G or 4G LTE connectivity, ideal for areas lacking Wi-Fi2.

Select a camera that suits your needs and provides essential features for securing your property effectively.

Good luck with safeguarding your home! :house_with_garden::lock: