Looking for an indoor camera system that does not need wifi or an app

SecureNestNetwork said:
I want to set up cameras inside the house like in the living room or garage. But because they’ll be indoors, I don’t want anyone to be able to access the cameras unless they physically connect a monitor. Does anyone have suggestions?

Get a trail camera with a memory card. Simple and easy.

SecureNestNetwork said:
I want to set up cameras inside the house like in the living room or garage. But because they’ll be indoors, I don’t want anyone to be able to access the cameras unless they physically connect a monitor. Does anyone have suggestions?

I got a closed-circuit system from Amazon for under $200. It has four cameras and keeps data for two weeks before overwriting it. It’s been working for about ten years now.

SecureNestNetwork said:

Why complicate things? Just get a baby monitor. Easy!

Brianna said:

SecureNestNetwork said:

Why complicate things? Just get a baby monitor. Easy!

I’ve checked those, but they stream footage, and their storage space is too small.

SecureNestNetwork said:

You want a PoE system with an NVR that isn’t connected to your router. That will keep it offline.

SecureNestNetwork said:

There are plenty of options. SimpliSafe has systems with both cloud storage and hard drives. I bought an outdoor system on Amazon that didn’t come with a hard drive, but it was easy to add one.

SecureNestNetwork said:

Reolink has cameras with AI detection. 4 cameras with a 6TB hard drive cost around $600. It’s a bit much if you just need one camera, though.

SecureNestNetwork said:

Remember that if someone destroys the camera, you’ll lose the footage. It might be better to store it somewhere else at home but still keep it off the internet.

WatchfulWendy said:

SecureNestNetwork said:

Remember that if someone destroys the camera, you’ll lose the footage. It might be better to store it somewhere else at home but still keep it off the internet.

I plan to store five days of footage on a hard drive and back up important events elsewhere. Simple setup.

SecureNestNetwork said:

You could use a Unifi Protect camera with an NVR. After setting it up, block it from the internet with a firewall.

SecureNestNetwork said:

Lots of good advice here, but you might want to consult a pro. It’s free info, and Nelly’s Security has a good reputation.