Looking for affordable alarm system… any recommendations?

Hey everyone. I’m in the market for a home security system, but I’m only looking for alarms—no cameras needed since I’ve already got those set up. Just trying to find something that’s affordable and reliable. Any suggestions?

You’ve got lots of options with motion sensors and sirens. Check out brands like Ring, CPVAN, Seanme, and Kerui on Amazon or see what your local suppliers have.

I’d also recommend motion-triggered lights outside—any basic 20 or 30W light with a sensor should do the trick.

And don’t forget about power backups if that’s an option you can add.

I’d avoid anything that relies primarily on WiFi. A cellular-only system is a better choice. Maybe try your local ADT dealer or a local alarm company.

Bruce said:
I’d avoid anything that relies primarily on WiFi. A cellular-only system is a better choice. Maybe try your local ADT dealer or a local alarm company.

Wouldn’t go with ADT. I’ve had quite a few customers who weren’t happy with their service. A local company would probably be a better bet.

I also agree about steering clear of WiFi systems. Look into a Qolsys IQ4 or a DSC Neo, depending on your home. Both support PowerG, which is a solid option for wireless setups.