Looking for a Simple Wired Bell-Only Alarm System

It seems like every alarm system I come across nowadays is wireless, even the bell-only ones. However, I’m not interested in a wireless system since it could easily be disrupted by a signal jammer bought online.

What I’m looking for is a classic system with 2-3 motion detectors hardwired to the alarm siren and control panel. Can anyone recommend a company that still offers this type of system? I would prefer a professional installation, but I’m open to DIY if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this has been asked before.)

You’re right; most of the highly-promoted “consumer-grade” DIY options on the market today are wireless, offering a convenient but arguably less secure solution in a box.

For a hardwired system, your best bet is to contact a local independent professional installer—they can still provide the kind of system you’re looking for. A quick search through the yellow pages or online directories should help you find someone in your area.

If you’re comfortable with low-voltage wiring and drilling through walls, you could opt to self-install a system. Options like the Qolsys IQ Pro, DSC Neo, or Honeywell Vista 20P can be purchased online. Just be aware that most panel manufacturers offer limited support to anyone outside their network of approved resellers and installers, so you might be on your own when it comes to troubleshooting.