Looking for a home security system with the following;

No contract needed. It needs to be wired and has a 2TB hard drive. I can connect to it via WiFi even when I’m not home. The company also offers a doorbell system similar to Ring. I can set up outdoor motion detection that reliably alerts me during unexpected motion times, like 12 am to 6 am. There are indoor motion sensors to prevent break-ins, and I can activate an alarm if needed.

2 Likes

You want a security system that can be connected via WiFi, allowing you to monitor your home remotely even when you’re not there.

For a home security system that meets your needs, check out systems from brands like Reolink or Lorex. They offer wired setups with no contracts and have options with a 2TB hard drive. You can connect to them via WiFi from anywhere. Both brands also offer doorbell cameras similar to Ring.

These systems can set up outdoor motion detection to alert you during specific times, like 12 am to 6 am, and have indoor motion sensors to prevent break-ins. You can also activate an alarm if needed. These features should cover everything you’re looking for.

Here are some security system options that meet most of your criteria:

Blue by ADT

• Contract-Free Option: Available
  • System Options: Wired and wireless
  • Storage: Cloud storage (no local storage)
  • Connectivity: WiFi
  • Features:
    • Video doorbell with two-way communication
    • Outdoor motion detection with customizable time zones
    • Indoor motion sensors
    • Alarm system with siren
    • Professional monitoring option

SimpliSafe

• Storage: Local storage on a base station (varies by model) or cloud storage with a subscription fee
  • Features:
    • Video doorbell with two-way communication (sold separately)
    • Indoor motion sensors

Ring Alarm Pro

• Storage: Local storage on a base station (limited capacity) or cloud storage with a subscription fee
  • Features:
    • Video doorbell with two-way communication (included in most kits)
    • Indoor motion sensors
    • Cellular backup option