Looking for a home security camera with 24/7 recording and no subscription

Archer said:
Hey everyone, I’m trying to find a security camera that fits the following criteria:

• 24/7 recording

• No subscription needed to view or save footage

• If it uses cloud storage, at least 1 day of footage availability

• If it records on an SD card, it should overwrite the oldest footage automatically so I don’t have to replace the card

I plan to use it for outdoor security, and it can be either a light socket or a wired camera. I don’t need extra features like 2-way audio, tracking, AI detection, or alarms. I’d prefer to buy from Amazon, and my budget is under $100.

I’ve looked around but most cameras only record on motion and often have a cooldown period. This won’t work for me because if someone waits out the cooldown, I won’t have any evidence. If no security camera fits this description, do you think a dashcam could be used as a 24/7 security camera? I’m open to suggestions!

Eufy with a HomeBase might be what you’re looking for.

Archer said:
Hey everyone, I’m trying to find a security camera that fits the following criteria:

• 24/7 recording

• If it records on an SD card, it should overwrite the oldest footage automatically so I don’t have to replace the card

I plan to use it for outdoor security, and it can be either a light socket or a wired camera. I don’t need extra features like 2-way audio, tracking, AI detection, or alarms. I’d prefer to buy from Amazon, and my budget is under $100.

I’ve looked around but most cameras only record on motion and often have a cooldown period. This won’t work for me because if someone waits out the cooldown, I won’t have any evidence. If no security camera fits this description, do you think a dashcam could be used as a 24/7 security camera? I’m open to suggestions!

I have three Eufy S210/S200 outdoor cams that record to SD cards. They’re plugged in for power and give me about a week’s worth of recording with a 128GB card. The app is solid too.

antonio said:

Archer said:

• 24/7 recording

I have three Eufy S210/S200 outdoor cams that record to SD cards. They’re plugged in for power and give me about a week’s worth of recording with a 128GB card. The app is solid too.

How’s the audio on those cameras? I’m mainly concerned with that feature.

DefendDomicile said:

antonio said:
Archer said:

• 24/7 recording

How’s the audio on those cameras? I’m mainly concerned with that feature.

The audio is decent for hearing, but the sound from the camera isn’t as good for talking.

Archer said:

• 24/7 recording

Reolink is the way to go. Get a 12-channel NVR with PoE and WiFi support, and you’ll have a solid setup.

Archer said:

• 24/7 recording

Eufy might be the perfect fit for you. Check out their products here: eufyCam S330 (eufyCam 3) 4-Cam Kit + 1 TB Hard Drive - eufy US